Truckee River Legacy Trail
- Trails + Paved Paths + Access
- Winter Trailheads + Backcountry
- Locations (galleries, classes, public art)
- Historical Sites, Museums
The Truckee River Legacy Trail is a 6-mile paved Class I bike path starting at the Truckee River Regional Park (or on the east end of the path, at Glenshire Road, just before entering the Glenshire neighborhood sign). The path winds along the Truckee River with a bridge over Martis Creek and is a popular trail for bikers, runners, dog walkers and families.
In the winter, the Legacy Trail is often cleared of snow, allowing for a beautiful walk along the river in all seasons.
The trail also accesses Riverview Sports Park and includes interpretive signage along the way.
- Mileage: 6 miles one way
- Level: Easy (but steep approaching Glenshire)
- Usage: Moderate
- Access: Truckee River Regional Park or Glenshire