A community support group in where members can share their experiences, knowledge and coping strategies.
Research has overwhelmingly supported the benefits of social support in the management of chronic disease and can:
- Empower and lift the moral of patients, friends, and community members
- Increase a sense of belonging by decreasing isolation
- Enhance hope and sense of purpose through encouragement
- Increase sense of responsibility for members' own treatment
- Result in feelings of increased control over their disease
Please come share input about what you want from this group. We can have speakers, watch and discuss webinars, and include outside activities to increase the cohesion and bonding among members.
Facilitated by: Ellen and John Roumasset, Trained Parkinson's Disease Associated Support Group Facilitators