The Mothership Classic
Come out to Squaw Valley ski resort on March 29, 2020, to participate in the 6th annual Mothership Classic, an all-day fundraiser benefiting the High Fives Foundation. The Mothership Classic is a pledge driven event held each spring on the world's greatest chairlift, KT-22.
Participants begin by gathering pledges like a NASCAR racer chasing sponsorships. On the day of the event, each participant will challenge themselves to hot lap KT-22 as many times as possible from the first chair to the last on skinny skis, retro snowboards, mono skis, snow blades, etc. Nostalgic ski attire is highly encouraged.
The goal when we started this event 8 years ago was to create something that allows everyone the opportunity to do something positive while spending a day on the hill. Friends sponsoring friends is really what the event was founded on. The original recipe was pretty simple, and we haven't changed it much over the years. Helping others who have suffered life-altering injuries by spending a day chasing your friends around is about as good as it gets.
Mothership Classic Details
- Skiers & riders will lap KT-22 aka the Mothership as many times as they can from 9am-4pm
- Participants will obtain per-lap sponsorship and everyone is encouraged to embrace their own form of classic inspiration for the event
- Dressing up is strongly encouraged!
- Cost: free to participate. Fundraising prior to event is highly encouraged
- Awards are given out for a variety of categories including most laps, most money raised, best costume, raddest goggles, etc.
- All funds raised go directly to the healing efforts of athletes that have suffered life-altering injuries via The High Fives Foundation