Payroll Administrator (Full-Time)
The Payroll Administrator is responsible for processing the biweekly payroll for a highly seasonal ski resort employing approximately 750 employees. This position ensures the accuracy of payroll and compliance with company policies. The ideal candidate should be highly organized and able to work well under pressure while exhibiting knowledge of payroll processes and California wage and hour laws.
Work for the Winter and Travel for the Summer…This unique year-round position gives you eight weeks off every June and July to enjoy the summer months any way you like.
- Maintains employee pay records, including set up for new hire and terminated employees
- Fulfills all wage garnishment requirements and manages all other payroll deductions
- Provides support to managers on Kronos time tracking operations
- Issue manual checks as applicable
- Generate Payroll Reports
- Tracking and following up on all deductions including but not limited to 401(k), garnishments and group insurance
- Regular review of pay policies and procedures to insure efficiency and legal accuracy
- General Ledger reconciliations
- Assist Accounting Staff as needed
Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Previous payroll experience REQUIRED. Prefer 5+ years
- Knowledge of California pay laws
- Knowledge of Kronos Workforce Ready payroll system preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office products and Excel
- Self-motivated with positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Detail oriented, independent, self-starter and willingness to learn
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office, multi task and meet critical deadlines
- Strong communication skills written and verbal
- A demonstrated ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality, integrity and discretion is critical
- Experience with employee benefits and incentives
- Strong work ethic including the ability to handle sensitive information
- 2+ years’ experience in basic Accounting
We are located on the summit of Donner Pass, near Truckee, California. If you are a qualified candidate with the experience we seek, and you want to join a great team on a terrific mountain (and ski and snowboard for free!) apply here.
Pay Dependent on Experience. Sugar Bowl is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.