Executive Assistant to the CEO / President
Sugar Bowl is seeking a seasoned Executive Assistant ready for a prominent role with a respected resort community.
We have an opportunity for an experienced support professional to oversee the daily administrative functions of the Executive Office in support of the CEO/President. This position is best suited to someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced resort environment and desires to be part of a hard working team whose main focus is to serve guests at the highest level.
As the Executive Assistant you will primarily work independently. Your success will be defined by your ability to prioritize and manage a diverse flow of work, to anticipate the needs of the CEO, to be organized, to communicate well with internal and external contacts, to manage changing priorities with ease and to operate effectively in a fluid environment. The Executive Assistant will manager projects independently and in coordination with other departments within the organization. And the successful candidate must LOVE snow as we are located high on Donner Summit, above the Town of Truckee, California.
- Provide high-level executive support to the CEO, anticipating his needs and freeing him from small details.
- Maintain Executive schedule, including day to day and long-term management of meetings, projects and priorities.
- Arrange travel, including flights, accommodations, event registration and other details
- Orchestrate meetings, including securing venue and catering, travel arrangements
- Prepare agendas; record, transcribe and disseminate meeting minutes of internal meetings
- Manage Contract tracking systems and Certificates of Insurance
- Manage and maintain responsibility for highly sensitive/confidential information such as personal information, key contacts, and business development opportunities
- Compose, prepare and edit business correspondence, communications, presentations, and other documents.
- Conduct research, assemble, and analyze data to prepare various reports, studies, and documents
- Oversee organization of the facility to include: liaison with property management for service and maintenance calls; shipping, receiving and distribution of packages; mail handling; ordering and stocking supplies; communication with janitorial staff.
- Provide administrative support to include telephone coverage, conference calls and screening phone calls
- Develop and carry out an efficient documentation and filing system.
- Read and analyze incoming emails, submissions and distributing them as needed.
- At least five years of experience providing crucial administrative support to high-level executives or board members
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent experience and education
- Experience planning meetings and presentations
- Practical knowledge of all MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Power Point, and have a knack for learning new programs quickly and troubleshooting technical issues
- Excellent communication skills, able to shift seamlessly between interactions with board members, homeowners, guests, team members and managers with grace and ease
- Adept at collaborating with team members on projects as well as flying solo to complete more solitary assignments with thoroughness and focus
- Emotionally intelligent, and a reputation for caring attitude, discretion and confidentiality
- Astute businessperson able to identify—and initiate—projects that support the big-picture goals of an executive team
- Technically savvy, and enjoy using computer programs to produce presentations and communications in an effective and engaging way
- An enthusiastic planner, and embrace opportunities to help create presentations and produce events
- Composure when working under a deadline in an environment that requires grace under pressure
- Act as the administrative point of contact between the executives and internal/external clients
- 3-5 years of experience as an Executive Assistant, supporting at the C-level
- Ability to work independently a majority of the time
- Keen ability to be organized and have strong follow-up system
- Hardy, Persistent, Resourceful and Flexible
- Extremely proactive
- Ability to learn quickly
- Flexible to work extended hours when needed
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment, discretion and diplomacy when handling correspondence and sensitive matters.
We are located at 8,000 feet elevation, you must be hardy, resilient and LOVE snow!
We are located on the summit of Donner Pass, near Truckee, California. Sugar Bowl has on site housing for a limited number of key seasonal positions, please check with your interviewer after you apply for a position to learn if you are eligible. Most of these units are dorm-style, with shared facilities.
If you are a qualified candidate with the resort experience we seek, and you want to join a great team on a terrific mountain, send your resume or contact our hiring manager directly at HR@SugarBowl.Com. This is a full time, year-round position.
Competitive Compensation Package Offered. Pay Dependent on Experience. Sugar Bowl is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.