Ski & Sports Retail Supervisor
- Supervise the retail store and all employees.
- Schedule staffing levels to correspond with projected demands.
- Regular inventory maintenance.
- Train employees on merchandise, POS systems, and resort policies.
- Greeting customers and determining their needs.
- Directing customers to appropriate purchases and suggesting store items.
- Understanding current trends, technical details, and fabric characteristics and communicate this information to the guest as needed.
- Merchandise, display, stock, and maintain stores appearance.
- Accepting payments efficiently, diplomatically, entering appropriate payment type, balancing cash sheets.
- Responsible for balancing cash and credit card transactions at the end of each shift.
- Executing merchandising goals, product placement and product presentation.
- Meet service level objectives and department goals as set forth by immediate supervisor.
- Outgoing, friendly and helpful attitude is essential along with being able to work well under pressure
- Other duties may be assigned
- As least two years of supervisors’ experience, preferably in Retail
- Knowledge of POS systems
- Previous experience in sales of winter related inventory
- Excellent organization skills
- Good communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Good interpersonal skills
We are located at 8,000 feet elevation, you must be hardy, resilient and LOVE snow!
We are located on the summit of Donner Pass, near Truckee, California. Sugar Bowl has on site housing for a limited number of key seasonal positions, please check with your interviewer after you apply for a position to learn if you are eligible. Most of these units are dorm-style, with shared facilities.
If you are a qualified candidate with the resort experience we seek, and you want to join a great team on a terrific mountain, send your resume or contact our hiring manager directly at HR@SugarBowl.Com.
Sugar Bowl is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.