Lifeguards (Summer Season) $14.50-$16.00 per hour
Martis Camp Club is a drug free workplace.
Martis Camp Club is seeking Full Time and Part Time Lifeguards for the SUMMER SEASON.
Preference will be given to candidates with availability Monday – Sunday from May 14th - September 4th as well as mandatory staff meetings and training.
This position works Weekends & Holidays.
The Family Barn is the hub of family entertainment for Martis Camp members and their guests. All Barn Ambassadors provide a fun, welcoming and safe environment while supporting Barn operations, programs, activities, and special events.
All Ambassadors must pass a pre-employment drug screen
Lifeguards implement all water safety policies and procedures and attentively supervise members and guests in and around the swimming pools at the Family Barn. Lifeguards are responsible for daily pool maintenance and all pool opening and closing duties. Lifeguards support all facility operations, programs, activities and special events for members, guests, and prospects while providing top-tier service.
JOB TASKS include but are not limited to:
- Oversee and observe swimmers at all times to ensure their safety
- Enforce rules of conduct at the pool
- Administer care to swimmers’ minor injuries, such as small cuts and bruises
- Monitor first aid supplies and record needed items
- Organize and monitor pool games at all times; suggests pool-side games
- Maintain the organization and cleanliness of the pool deck and turf areas and of all pool furniture and umbrellas throughout each day
- Place lifeguard and all related rescue equipment on the pool deck and lifeguard chairs in the morning; return this equipment and all swimming aids and pool toys to the pool storage yard when the pool closes
- Maintain amenities and cleanliness of locker rooms, restrooms and showers.
- Perform required pool pre-opening and closing duties
- Vacuum pool bottom, empties skimmer, skims bugs and other debris from surface to prepare pool for daily use
- Maintain all necessary records
- Communicate well with Aquatics Supervisor, fellow lifeguards and other teammates
- Attends all trainings & meetings
- Perform other appropriate tasks assigned
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Pre-employment background screen for anyone providing swimming lessons
- Ability to safely retrieve someone from the swimming pool (child or adult)
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to sit for up to 3 hours at a time
- Ability to walk and stand up to 3 hours at a time
- Ability to safely bend, kneel, twist, grip, and carry as part of above duties
- Current Lifeguard/First Aid/CPR/AED Certificate. Reimbursement for certification available if taken within less than 6 months of hire date.
- Family meal in season (one per shift), plus snacks
- Retail discounts in Spa, Golf, Tennis, and Ski
- Sick pay
- End of Season Party
- Annual Ambassador Holiday Party
- Eligibility for Ambassador of the month
- Participation in YouEarnedIt! recognition program
- Working with an amazing team!