Member Page

Town of Truckee

  • Law Enforcement
  • Town of Truckee
  • Business Startup Resources & Tools
  • Animals, Wildlife
10183 Truckee Airport Rd.
Truckee, CA 96161
(530) 582-7700
(530) 582-7710 (fax)
Hours:
8:00 am - 4:00 pm Monday- Friday. Closed on holidays

About Us

Truckee is located in the Sierra Nevada Mountains of California, just west of the Nevada state line. Donner Lake is located within the Town Limits and Donner Pass over the summit of the Sierra Nevada read more
  • About

    Truckee is located in the Sierra Nevada Mountains of California, just west of the Nevada state line. Donner Lake is located within the Town Limits and Donner Pass over the summit of the Sierra Nevada is just west of Town. Interstate 80, the major east-west trans-Sierra ''all-weather'' highway, passes through the Town on its way between California and Nevada.

    The Truckee community has existed for more than 150 years. The Town incorporated as a municipality by a vote of the people in 1993. The incorporated boundaries are nearly 34 square miles and range in elevation from 5500 feet at the Town’s eastern boundary to 7500 feet in the northwestern corner.

    Historic Downtown Truckee is the core of the community, both geographically and culturally, supported by the older neighborhoods of Gateway and Donner Lake. During the late 1960s and early 1970s, Truckee expanded dramatically with the addition of the Tahoe Donner, Glenshire, Prosser Lake View, and Sierra Meadows neighborhoods. Truckee is working hard to retain its vitality as a residential and economic hub for the region while its popularity as a vacation destination and second home community continues to grow.

    The Town of Truckee includes Engineering and Public Works, The Town Council, Community Development, Police Services, Animal Services, and Town Manager and Administrative Offices.

    You are encouraged to contact any town employee whenever you have an idea, question, or concern. Please visit our website for a full staff listing.

  • Media

  • Jobs

    Engineering Technician I/II
    Category: Engineering/Design
    ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN I/II ($25.35/hr - $37.74/hr.) The Town of Truckee is seeking a full-time highly motivated person to provide a variety of engineering, computer and field duties in support of the Engineering Division.  For an application form and complete job description please visit our website at www.townoftruckee.com or call Human Resources at 530-582-2925.  Applications must be received ...read more

    Contact

    Bonnie Thompson-Hardin
    Phone:(530) 582-2925
    Fax:(530) 550-2343
    Police Officer (Lateral)
    Category: Government
    THE DEPARTMENT The Truckee Police Department was established in 2001.  The department has 25 sworn officers which include patrol, detectives, and a School Resource Officer.  Collateral assignments include FTO, dive team, seasonal boat patrol, and a host of instructor positions.  BENEFITS: • Salary range: $30.36/hour - $40.99/hour • 7.5% Intermediate POST / 2.5% Advanced POST (Total 10%) • ...read more

    Contact

    Bonnie Thompson-Hardin
    Phone:(530) 582-2925
    Fax:(530) 582-2343
    Equipment Mechanic I/II
    Category: Automotive/Mechanics
    Town of Truckee Equipment Mechanic I/II (I: $26.62-/hr - $35.94/hr), (II: $29.35/hr - $39.63/hr)  The Town of Truckee is seeking a highly motivated person to perform skilled mechanical repair, preventive maintenance work, overhauls on heavy and light vehicle/equipment and perform fabrication and welding on fleet vehicles used in street maintenance and snow removal operations.  Knowledge of the ...read more

    Contact

    Phone:(530) 582-2925
    Fax:(530) 582-2343

    Member Events

    Tuesday Nov 27, 2018
    Come to the Truckee Town Council meetings on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month. ...read more
    Wednesday Nov 28, 2018
    Two-way, informal listening sessions welcoming all Truckee residents and business leaders to interact with Council Members and the Town Manager. Please no politicking, keep it respectful and bring your best ideas, passionate interests, and toughest questions to an open and transparent dialogue. ...read more
    Tuesday Dec 11, 2018
    Come to the Truckee Town Council meetings the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of every month. ...read more