Mountain Arts Collective
- Art Galleries, Supplies, Classes
- Chamber Member
- Locations (galleries, classes, public art)
Mountain Arts Collective began with a vision of three local artists who wanted to showcase quality art by individuals who are closely connected to the local community and surrounding environment. Founders Dan Gaube, Nancy Beckert, and Doug Jones were members of Artisans Marketplace, which was in business for over nine years in Truckee’s historic Brickeltown.
• Dan specializes in nature-inspired woodwork and jewelry, combining various materials and concepts from nature into modern works of art.
• Nancy is a fiber artist whose passion for the age-old tradition of weaving has led her to explore techniques and cultures from all over the world including Navajo weaving, Andean Pebble Weaving, indigo dying, botanical eco printing, silk fusion, Swedish band weaving, and Kumihimo, the art of Japanese braiding.
• Doug is a landscape and travel photographer whose work reflects his unique perspective of the natural world and local cultures, from Truckee and beyond.
• Two other members of Artisans Marketplace are Charter Members of the Collective:
o Rebecca Maidman is a long-time resident of Truckee and a well-known fiber artist….
o Gabriela O’Neil is a glass ……We plan to feature a different guest artist each month and display a small number of consignment pieces as well.
Each member works 5-6 days at the Collective each month so they can personally connect with our customers.
Whom to Contact
- Doug Jones10065 Donner Pass Rd #2Truckee, CA 96161Cell Phone: (530) 277-7668
We are located in the heart of Downtown Truckee at the Transportation Center / Train Station.